Effective January 25, 2021
THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
Like virtually all other web servers, our web server automatically creates log files for each visitor who accesses our sites. The access logs do not record a visitor's name, address, phone number, credit card number(s), or any other personally identifying information. Rather, these log files may contain some or all of the following information:
- Information about your visit, including the date of the visit; the time and length of the visit; which site you have come from; pages you have visited; the path taken through the site, including links (such as buy or donate links) that are clicked; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information; and the last page you view before leaving the site.
- The browser/device being used
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We use this information to aid the technical administration of the site, to record and analyze the size of our audience, and to learn how to better serve our web visitors. If you purchased books from our site after being directed there from another site or from social media, we use Google Analytics to see how that was facilitated. We use this information to better understand how transactions on our site happen.
Generally, the information we collect does not identify you personally. However, if you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You are not required to accept cookies when you visit this site., but some of the website features, such as the shopping cart may not work properly if you do not accept them.
For more information on what cookies are and how we collect them, visit: : https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy#cookies
We may use third-party Service Providers, such as Google Analytics, to monitor and analyze the use of our service, and to facilitate our service. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use this site. We use this information to analyze usage of the website so that we can improve your experience of it. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Collection of Personal Information
You may choose to give us personal information by creating an account, by purchasing from us, contacting us, or by signing up to our email list. We will only use your personal information as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
- We periodically send out promotional emails to customers highlighting special discounts or new books. You can join our email list on our website, or by opting in to hear from us via email when creating an account on our site. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your location and name, so that we can ensure that you receive the most relevant emails. We will not use your email address for any purpose other than the ones specified. You can remove yourself from our email list at any point by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the foot of one of our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
- Email, phone, and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by emails, letter, or phone. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
When you purchase from our website, you have the option to set up a customer account or check out as a guest. In both instances, you must provide details for delivery and billing. For guest accounts, we will only use this information to process your order with us. Orders from guest accounts are not stored. If you set up a customer account, your ordering history is saved in your account for future purchasing. The personal data you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you and will not be passed onto unauthorized third parties without your explicit consent. You can request to have your account and its history deleted, or you can amend or remove any information you submit to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect the following information when you set up an account or make a purchase:
Name; Mailing Address; Phone number; Email address. In addition, if you make a purchase through our website, we will collect credit or debit card information as set out below.
Credit and Debit Card Information
If you make a purchase through our website, we will collect the name on the card, your credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code.
Pathfinder Press does not store your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their Privacy Policies. These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
We also share name, address, and phone number information with shipping services such as UPS and USPS solely for the purpose of delivery of purchased products.
We store the personal data associated with your customer account, as described above, for as long as your account remains active in order to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. If you contact us to close your account, we will delete your account data within 14 days.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing:
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To exercise your rights:
If you create a Pathfinder Press account, you may at any time request an export of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may correct information associated with your account by logging into your account and editing your account information.
You may withdraw consent and ask us to delete your account. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You may object at any time to the use of your personal data by contacting email@example.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
- For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
- For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
Your use of the Pathfinder Press website constitutes consent to any policy then in effect. This policy is effective January 25, 2021.